Inphung Pavilion in Kanggye

The pavilion is situated in Inphung-dong, Kanggye, Jagang Province. It stands on a cliff along the Jangja River which meanders round the northwestern part of the city.


Inphung Pavilion in Kanggye


As a command post in the northwest of the wall around the town of Kanggye, the pavilion was widely used for training and inspection of soldiers.


It was built in 1472 and rebuilt in 1680.


It reflects the outstanding wisdom and artistic skills of Koreans. Every building material and painting agree with the characteristics of the pavilion and it blends well with the surrounding natural landscape.


(Uriminzokkiri - January 30, 2021)

Previous Post Next Post