Ryongwang Pavilion in Pyongyang

The pavilion stands in Taedongmun-dong, Central District, Pyongyang.

Ryongwang Pavilion
(Photo Credit Uriminzokiri)

It was first built in the mid-6th century in the period of Koguryo (277 BC–AD 668).

At that time it was used as a command post in the east of the inner fort of the Walled City of Pyongyang.

The pavilion was built again in 1111, and called Sansu Pavilion.

It was reconstructed in 1670 in the period of the feudal Joson dynasty, and was renamed Ryongwang Pavilion.

From of old the scenery around the pavilion was so beautiful that it was also called Jeilrudae (Excellent Pavilion).

(Uriminzokkiri - January 24, 2021)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post